Monday, December 31, 2012

Witches & Witchcraft Reading Challenge

This was the only book I was able to read for the challenge this year, but it was enough to earn me Initiate status at Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf.

No Rest for the Witches is 4 short stories by 4 different authors: MaryJanice Davidson, Cheyenne McCray, Christine Warren, and Lori Handeland. Unfortunately it was not as much fun as I had hoped it would be. I had never heard of Paranormal Romance before and that is what I discovered this book is. The Paranormal element was fun, but they lost me at the Romance part. One story ended with people having sex to save the world. The whole thing just seemed ridiculous to me. At least I got this book free from a pile at work.

If you're looking for some Paranormal Romance, I suggest sticking to Twilight.

3 comments:

auntangi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
auntangi said...

I read a fun book series on my Nook, "Parasol Protectorate" by Gail Carriger, in the event that you ever need to read another paranormal romance : )

Melissas Eclectic Bookshelf said...

OMG...LOL "stick to Twililight!" lol That bad eh? Maybe you'll have better luck this year?