Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The End by Lemony Snicket

Looking back on A Series of Unfortunate Events gives me some fond and some bland memories. Some of the books were great and some were a little tedious. As I picked up The End I worried about how it all was really going to end, as the author has been warning the reader in each installment that it's not going to be good.

The End finds the Baudelaire orphans on an uncharted island. I really liked reading their tale as they once again use their ingenuity, knowledge, teeth, and cooking skills to deal with a new dilemma. As I read it I began to hope...can it be that the Baudelaire orphans find peace on a lonely island? I won't spoil it for people who are reading or are going to read the Series, but I can tell you it's a fitting Lemony Snicket ending.

This book allows me to check the Young Adult genre off of my Eclectic Reader Challenge list.

No comments: