Sunday, July 22, 2012

Project Life: Somewhere Over the Rainbow

For my trip to Kansas I wanted to organize my week a little differently. I chose 2-3 photos to represent each day and used my first insert, a baseball card holder, to record the little details of my trip. It was hard only picking a few pictures from each day but I fully intend to scrapbook all the pictures so I tried to only include the highlights.

The pictures from each day go chronologically from left to right. Wednesday I flew there. On our way back from the airport my niece's car hit 200,000 miles so we had to stop for pictures. Thursday was my niece Laura's graduation in Kansas City. After we went to Green Apple, a frozen yogurt place where you make it yourself and then pay by weight. Yum! Friday we went to Laura's for a bbq to celebrate her graduation. I spent a lot of time playing with my fur nephew, Toby.

The rows of journaling correspond with the day they're lined up next to.
My first insert! I trimmed down the papers to fit each slot, rounded the corners with my corner rounder, and traced on journaling lines from my Journaling Genie. I tried to focus on the smaller details I'm more likely to forget.
I used some stamps that have journaling lines on them on this page. Mr. Owl is a playing card. I saved the Kansas stamp from my niece's thank you card too.
I cut up 1 sheet of patterned paper with sayings all over it to mat each photo and provide continuity throughout. The sayings were ice cream related, which made me think of our night at Green Apple.
Saturday was my niece, Kayla's, graduation party and then high school graduation. I got lucky with that picture of her mid-silly-string-spray! Sunday was my niece, Alyssa's, fiancee's college graduation. Afterward we went to his party at a restaurant called Moni's. Finally you see my nephew, Kyle, in front of his first house which we stopped at on our way to the airport.
I had fun stamping the Kansas 2012 title. I got a ton of strips of cardstock from Creative Memories that I thought I'd never use which fit perfectly in these page protectors. Hoarding sometimes comes in handy. This time I adhered a strip of patterned paper left from my journaling cards to one before stamping.

It was a busy trip but I had such a memorable time with everyone. I can't believe it's already been 2 months since I was there.

P.S. Here is Nerd Nest's colorful Week 19.

No comments: