Thursday, July 19, 2012

Florence + the Machine

This month Child's Play Challenges asks us, "...to create a project inspired by the Snoopy Sno-Cone Machine!" Seriously, who did not want one of these as a kid?!
Machine?! That reminded me that I never scrapped my pics from the Florence + the Machine concert I went to with my friends in April!
I have to give photo credit to Tina. I took a few crappy pics and put my camera away to dance and enjoy the concert. She asked if she could use my camera and took many incredible photos! They don't look as good in my pictures of my scrapbook pages. I should ask her to come over and take pictures of those too, I guess.
The only photo I took is the one in the circle on this page:
My friend Stephanie gave me those letter stickers about 11 years ago. They matched the font on the cd pretty well, but of course most were missing. I cut out the outline left on the sticker sheet to make up for the missing letters I needed. I think it created a cool effect. If you are going to get thrifty like me, my recommendation would be to first cut broadly around the letter, then peel off the back, then cut your letter along the outline last. If you cut it precisely first then it's really hard to peel off the backing without bending or ripping the letter.

I am addicted to journaling but I like how streamlined these pages are. I have a brand-new white pen calling my name too! But I will put all my journaling on my pre-concert page and post-concert page instead.

Florence was awesome by the way. Her voice is as powerful as a tornado siren and she runs around the stage like Stevie Nicks too. Definitely one you want to see live.

3 comments:

wendipooh13 said...

ohhh great photos and what a fun photos!!! thanks sooo much for playing along with Childs Play!!!!!

Haven_mom4 said...

The neon light border across the bottom is awsome. I like your take on the challenge. Thanks for joining us at childs play

tiffany said...

looks like a fun concert, love Florence + the Machine! Thanks so much for joining our challenge at Childs Play Challenges!