Friday, June 29, 2012

blue

This picture makes me think of the first time I saw lightning bugs at a rest stop on a road trip to Connecticut when I was a kid. I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me.

It makes me think of the first time Corey saw lightning bugs in Amy's backyard in Kalamazoo. I was surprised he had never seen them but I had.

I remember the first time we saw lightning bugs in Arizona on a backpacking trip. We couldn't convince ourselves we were actually seeing them because they're not supposed to be here, right?

Are lightning bugs extra special to kids who don't grow up with them around all the time? I suppose we are all fascinated by something that carries a light inside.

P.S. Today is blue day at Poppytalk. And try as I might I can't figure out where I got this picture from. karmahasnofriends is by L Lawliet.

No comments: