Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Nerd Nest February Challenge part 2


I got 2 more projects finished before the end of the month! Yay me! Nerd Nest should challenge me to get off my ass every month. I could change the world.

One thing I've been wanting to do forever is put pictures of my true love in my lockets. Whenever I wear my locket to school my students open it up and ask, "Why aren't there any pictures in there?!" incredulously. First graders may not know everything but they somehow know a locket is lame without a photo. Sad it took me so long to do this. It only took about 15 minutes to find pictures from my staggering collection and another 15 to find a stencil, trace, cut, and tape. Shameful. But I'm done.

I wore my owl locket to school yesterday and my students were very pleased to get a look at the mister.

The next project I've only put off since August. I got these coasters as a wedding favor from my niece's wedding. It had their names and the date on a slip of paper and I wanted to put Corey's pictures in there instead. I'm the worst aunt ever.

I found the pictures at the same time as my locket pictures and it took me less than 5 minutes to cut them out and slide them in.

I had a bunch of sewing projects I thought I would get to this month but since I'm not a huge sewing fan those got pushed back once more. But I finished 6 unfinished/never started projects so I guess I can take the rest of the year off.

2 comments:

auntangi said...

Dan's sister gave me a beautiful locket necklace for Christmas and I am having a heck of a time finding a small enough photo of Dan. But yet again you have inspired me to keep at it : )

Unknown said...

And I haven't even finished post in mine yet. Hah! Love the locket :)