Saturday, January 28, 2012

sugar & spice


This week at Scrapping the Music the challenge is to use James Brown's "I Feel Good" as your inspiration. I recently came across the damaged picture of my sister and I from the 70s (top) and scanned and reprinted it. It was sitting on my desk waiting to be sent to my sister but when I thought about the lyrics, "I feel nice, like sugar and spice," I decided what my scrapbook needed was a montage!

Sugar and spice, that's what me and my sister are made of!

I used the flowers to cover some of the water damage(?) to the photo. Notice the Squirt bottle lid I used as the center of a flower after smashing it flat with a hammer. Squirt is my sister's nickname for me, even after she began wearing my hand-me-downs.

Gotta love the hair and clothes.

P.S. If you want to play along go here: http://scrappingthemusic.blogspot.com/2012/01/care-winner-and-challenge-187-i-feel.html

6 comments:

Sharon Fritchman said...

Great page!!!! I love how you got the inspiration!!!! Your photos are awesome! Thanks for joining us at STM this week.

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Great story and layout! I especially love the Squirt bottlecap! Thanks so much for playing along with us at STM!!!

CraftLein* - enjoy creativity said...

What a lovely LO!!! So many beautiful pictures & the colors are fantastic!!

Love from The Netherlands,
Leintje*

phinner said...

Hi Nicole - awesome retrospective!!! LOL! that sounds like me and my sis too! thanks for playing along this week at Scrapping the Music!
: .)

Patricia Roebuck said...

That is so cool and a great idea that you found inspiration from the song to scrap you and your sister...and those pictures are treasures...love all of the details and especially that bottle cap with the meaning behind it!

auntangi said...

This is lovely...there is no bond like a sisterly bond : )