Saturday, January 21, 2012

Follow Your Muse

This month the challenge at ARTastic is to use the painting, Ecstasy of Saint Cecelia by Raphael, as your inspiration. As an additional challenge you can include clouds, an angel, and 2-3 musical instruments.

The instruments reminded me that I needed to scrapbook the pictures Gramy sent me of my nephew playing his various instruments through the years.

I found an overlay with angel wings and of course there are many instruments within the photos.

The photo from his final violin concert had a big ugly stack of orange chairs in the background, so I cut around the violin bow and slid in the cool quote I found in my stash. Since he plays guitar now I used guitar paper.

I couldn't find a way to incorporate clouds.

I made sure to cut out the sparrow and heart from the clear overlay to save for another project since they were going to be covered up anyway.


P.S. Here is the link to the challenge in case you want to play too: http://artasticchallengeblog.blogspot.com/2012/01/decembers-inspiration-will-come-from.html

6 comments:

DebiJ said...

Lovely to see you again & what a great double page to start the year off! Yes, great photos & I love the way your cut your paper to suit the theme, & actually what great paper!
Thank you for playing so well again with us at ARTastic!

Mrs Rogers said...

Great double page you have created, how talented is your nephew playing all those instruments. I t is great paper you have used and goes so well with the theme. Thanks for playing along again at Artastic.

JimJoredan said...

you are entirely responsible for getting to San Francisco and surviving for the time you're there. I am merely awarding tickets to the winner of this little contest.

CA Wine Club

Helene Bogren said...

Love these pictures and your layout! Thanks for playing along at ARTastic!

Chantelle said...

A great page with lots of wonderful photo's included - thanks for playing at ARTastic.

Shazza said...

Great double pager Nicole. Glad you were able to scrap those photos. the pp was perfect! thanks for joining in again :)
What a great start to the year!