Saturday, December 10, 2011

Oh Caprica!


On Sunday we took our little pack for a walk. Corey had Caprica and it was obvious she would rather be doing our walk at a faster pace than we had selected.

When we got home we let the dogs go in the backyard and I opened the side gate to take out the trash. Usually the dogs wait at thresholds to be allowed through but Caprica decided to take off instead. She headed down the sidewalk at a dead run, going on our exact walk again but at the speed she thought it should really be done at if it was to be done properly. I took off after her ("come" command not working) and only caught up because she took some time to run around the park area before crossing the street to phase 2 of our walk. I squatted down and said, "Come here Caprica!" in my sweetest voice and she came over to me like she just realized she was doing our walk alone. I carried her back to our house.

So scary! New Year's Resolution Time! I need to do a better job of walking/running her more regularly since she's a greyhound in her heart.

P.S. dog walker is by Masha D'yans.

P.P.S. Get your pets microchipped!

No comments: