Saturday, October 1, 2011

October Reading


Yay! It's October which means I'll be reading scary, magical, or fantasy books to get me in the Halloween Spirit! Here's what I'm going to try to read this month:

The Magicians by Lev Grossman - I talked my book club into reading this with me. It's described as Harry Potter for grown-ups.

Local Girls
by Alice Hoffman - I love Alice Hoffman in the fall.

Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane - This is one of the few scary movies Corey agrees to watching with me, so I better get reading!

The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J. K. Rowling - I couldn't bring myself to reread book 6 before seeing the movie, so reading this companion book is a good compromise.

and if there's time

The Tea Rose by Jennifer Donnelly - There's a group reading this on LibraryThing. It also has a Jack the Ripper element.

Are you reading anything special this month?

P.S. Reader Werewolf is by Ricardo Cavolo.

No comments: