Monday, September 5, 2011

5 books I would take to a desert island

Lost in Books asked: what 5 books would you take to a desert island?
And: what 5 non-fiction books that you've never read would you select (and NO selecting books on how to build a raft from sand or cooking coconuts 345 different ways, you cheaters. Something different than survival books!)

First I would build this tree house to live in:


Then I would begin reading:

1. Desert Solitaire: A Season in the Wilderness by Edward Abbey - so I could consider the environment while deserted

2. A Natural History of the Senses by Diane Ackerman - since I'm sure my senses will be heightened in a life or death situation

3. A Woman Alone: Travel Tales from Around the Globe by Faith Conlon - for empowerment

4. Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer - to help me find myself

5. The Harvey Girls: Women Who Opened the West by Lesley Poling-Kempes - another moral boost

Which books would you take?

P.S. The tree house came from here: http://nomadicway.tumblr.com/

P.P.S. Today I'm starting a non-fiction book with my book club, The Social Animal by David Brooks, even though we're just in the desert instead of a desert island.

P.P.P.S. Anyone else using Blogger having trouble with the links lately?

1 comment:

Blogger said...

Haven't started playing Solitaire on your mobile device? Download It Now (Suitable for Android or iOS)