Friday, April 8, 2011

White.


Our principal rented Tron for the school to watch today since we've been working so hard to get ready for testing next week (which Corey said makes her the "best principal ever!"). Anyway, as we were waiting for the movie to begin the DVD menu was on our tv screen and one of my students said, "'Tron' has a consonant blend!"

So watching movies can be educational. I guess we're ready for testing!

And I'm looking forward to watching Tron for the first time on Blu-ray tomorrow at Joe & Jon's.

P.S. I found the photo of the girls in white here. For the record I don't agree with his review.

3 comments:

Rhubarb said...

[ashamed]...what does consonant blend mean?

Captain Nick Sparrow said...

You should not be ashamed. You know what it is without knowing what it is.

It's when a word begins with 2 consonants that don't make a new sound when combined (like s and h say SH! so that's NOT a consonant blend, but t and r don't make a new sound. They say t and r still but we blend them together so when sounding out a word we don't say Tu-ru-on we say Tr-on).

Am I making any sense? I hope I've helped.

Alex Daw said...

I had to struggle to remember what a consonant blend is!!