Now that I'm on break and all the family's gone :-( it's time to clear the piles of junk off my scrapbook table and scrap! I looked first to 2 of my favorite challenge blogs, Scrapping the Music and ARTastic. They each had a challenge that I wanted to combine into one scrapbook page. Scrapping the Music's song of the week is Feeling Good by Nina Simone which made me think of my election 2008 photos because I listened to that song on inauguration day. I was already picturing the birds flying by when I saw on ARTastic 'The Perfumed Garden' by John Coburn to use as inspiration:
And this is what I came up with:
Obama came from a greeting card (not Hawaii ;-) in case you were wondering.
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Sunday, June 27, 2010
Lost in Books is going to the beach and wants to know which books to pack. I recommend:
1. Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell - I read part of this on my tropical honeymoon and I gave it to my niece to read on her honeymoon in Jamaica. It's an easy book to get lost in!
2. Looking After Pigeon by Maud Carol Markson - takes place in a house on the Jersey Shore (not to be confused with the t.v. show version). I imagine it would be nice to be comforted by the ocean while reading this sad-ish tale.
3. The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C. S. Lewis - I started reading this book at the beach a few years ago. At the beginning Lucy gets sucked into the ocean through a painting and has to swim to a ship. The description ran through my mind when I flipped over on my boogie board and had to swim for shore.
I also read The Other Side of the Story by Marian Keyes at the beach once. It's my favorite of hers:
Saturday, June 26, 2010
Friday, June 25, 2010
As of yesterday we've had him for 1 whole year. I was looking at his pictures from when we first got him. I always like to say we got him slightly used and he looked it.
We love you Captain Skippyjon Jones!
P.S. This card is from comesmart but if you live in the U.S. you can't order from them. :(
Thursday, June 24, 2010
Really I didn't HATE these books, they just annoyed me:
1. "Walking in Circles Before Lying Down" by Merrill Markoe - I thought a book told from a dog's point of view would be fun, but no. And the owner was ridiculous in a bad way.
2. "Sushi for Beginners" by Marian Keyes - the main character was too bitchy for me to care how she fared by the end of the story
3. "The Last Battle" by C. S. Lewis - If I wanted to read a bible story, I would read the bible.
P.S. I found this photo on we heart it. And thank you Lost in Books for the topic.
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Friday, June 4, 2010
...prompting one of my students to tell me:
Your voice is blue. It's a circle. I can tell.
P.S. Garnet The Outspoken Pirate is by thedreamygiraffe.