Sunday, May 30, 2010

3 Books that Have Been on My TBR List the Longest


Lost in Books wants to know what books I have had the longest but still haven't read.

1. Toby Tyler by James Otis - I can't remember who gave me this book when I was a kid but I never read it. When I was a child it seemed too long. When I was a teenager it seemed too childish. As an adult, books that seem more interesting to me are what I grab first. But some day I will read it!

2. The Road from Coorain by Jill Ker Conway - my grandma gave this to me after her trip to Australia (I think I was in junior high school!). I love Australia, memoirs, and my grandma, but for some reason have never got around to it. I wish now I had read it while she was still alive so we could have discussed it, or maybe she would have had some story to share about her trip that would explain the purchase of the book. Or it could have been random? She was always buying me books like a good grandma should.

3. Wilt by Tom Sharpe - I had to buy this book for a class in college but SURPRISE SURPRISE! we never read it. I've held onto thinking I might read it eventually, but I think subconsciously the cover turns me away. It's a drawing of a man who looks like he's trying to kill a blow-up doll.

Yes, I've had books on my bookshelf that have gone unread since I was a child and yet...I keep buying more!

P.S. Wall to Wall books is by minimoon on deviantART. It's a portion of a book store in Washington, D.C.

No comments: