Wednesday, February 3, 2010

3 Books I Read When I Need a Good Cry


Really this list should be called 3 Books That Made Me Cry, because anyone who knows me knows I never need a good cry since I cry like a first grader regularly. In the order I read them, here is my list as Lost in Books requests:

1. "The Outsiders" by S. E. Hinton - good guys never win!
2. "Chosen by a Horse" by Susan Richards - animal stories are pretty much written to make you cry
3. "Uncle Tom's Cabin" by Harriet Beecher Stowe - slavery, death...several opportunities to cry it out

P.S. "DON'T LET THE BASTARDS GET YOU DOWN" is from imgur, but I don't know who made it. It wasn't me.

1 comment:

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Oh man, I'm with you on Uncle Tom's Cabin and The Outsiders. I'll have to check out the other one some time.