Wednesday, August 19, 2009

more whales to love


For the past 2 mornings on my way to work I've listened to stories about the narwhal on NPR. The interesting things I learned are that they are very hard to research because they live in Greenland/Arctic areas which are too dark and cold for the every day researcher, and they are very hard to catch in a net because they can see them so they just swim around!! Also I learned that just the boys have the tusk, and the tusk is actually a tooth! Consequently I have spent some of my daydream time thinking about them and imagining what it would be like to be one.

Speaking of whales, I am kind of looking forward to the Whale Wars finale on Friday, and I am kind of dreading it because the last episode made me cry.

P.S. Ahoy Moon is by GumballGrenade.

2 comments:

stephanie said...

Whale Wars previews make me cry. Cannot watch a full episode.

Rhubarb said...

It made me cry too....I couldn't watch the whole thing. After the second whale was pulled out of the water and the helicopter guy was talking about those two whales trying to get away I couldn't take anymore. I was out. I hope they come back with a vengence next year. It is so sad...