Monday, July 6, 2009

sick doggy


This morning I noticed Captain Skippyjon Jones had a little cough and felt warmer than normal, so I took him to our vet. When we got there we went to the scale to weigh him in, and there was one little white dog ahead of him named Sergeant! I double checked with Corey and Captain does outrank him.

He won over the staff with his cuteness. The vet tech took him into the other room to give him fluids and when she brought him back I could hear her say to him in the hall, "I love you!"

He checked out well except for his high temp of 104.3 (normal is 100-102.5). So aside from the fluids he got some antibiotics. If he's not feeling better in the next few days they'll do some blood tests. He's been sleepier than usual, but still was up for a walk tonight. Hopefully he'll feel better tomorrow.

Photo Credit to the stupendous Stephanie.

2 comments:

stephanie said...

Maybe it's kennel cough? They didn't say what was wrong? No tests? I'm worried!

Captain Nick Sparrow said...

They said his lungs sounded good, but if he's not better in a few days they would do some tests. He doesn't feel as hot today so I am not as worried, but he's still run down.