Sunday, May 17, 2009

college is a crazy time in a kid's life


I couldn't decide on what to scrapbook tonight, so I went to Scrapping the Music for some help. Their challenge was to use Phil Collin's song "Son of Man" as inspiration. The part of the song that caught my attention was,
"On this journey that you're making
There'll be answers that you'll seek
And it's you who'll climb the mountain
It's you who'll reach the peak"

Reaching the peak brought to mind these pictures from when I went with some friends to Sedona and climbed Bell Rock over 12 years ago. As I got out the pictures and reflected on the lyrics I thought about how college really is a time when we figure out who we are, and try to get the answers that we seek.

Also I love owls and I thought the colors from this paper went well with the pictures, so I got to add an owl pun to my title. I am a sucker for puns.

4 comments:

Scrapping The Music said...

What a great choice in lyrics! Love the pictures you used! Thanks for playing along with us!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Sedona!!!! I live in AZ and go there at least twice a year!!!! These are AWESOME photos and love love love love the lyrics U chose!!! Thanks sooooooooooooooooo much for playing along with us! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Miss Jaster said...

Just had to stop by and say glad you found us over on Kiddie Lit. I am a 3rd grade teacher in AZ.... and also refuse to call Desert Sky Pavilion by it's "other" name and believe as a scrapbooker I should be allowed to photograph concerts. :) hehe.

stephanie said...

You know the door in my living room? The Harry Potter door? And how the kid who used to live here wrote all over it? Well, we can't replace the door (see blog entries about insolvency) but I was thinking of making it into a craft project. Like, maybe, wallpaper or something? You should help me, because you are crafty with scrapbook pages. It would be like a big scrapbook page, but instead it's door.