Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Earth Day!!!


Every year (since I've been teaching) on Earth Day I dump out the recycling bin all over the classroom while the kids are in PE or Library. Then they come back and freak out. "What happened to our room?!" "Who did this?!" It's fun! Then I tell them that's what the world would look like if we didn't recycle. Then they gleefully pick it all up and put it back in the recycle bin. And THEN we go outside and pick up garbage off of the playground. Inevitably there is a fight over someone getting to a prime piece of garbage before someone else. We wash our hands and go home.

As a side note, I paid off my first student loan today. For the degree that was not in education. It only took 11 years. Still wish I could have spent it on shoes.

4 comments:

Rhubarb said...

That is fantastic! I wish I had you as a teacher.

stephanie said...

For Earth Day, I didn't water any of my plants, which is fine, since they are all dying because I am an unfit plant mother.

I also got an oil change and had my tire pressure checked.

I also got mad at the lady who works at Mazda American Credit, but....that has nothing to do with Earth Day.

Anonymous said...

nice blog,i like this site

Alex Daw said...

well I agree with Rhubarb...I think I would never ever forget you if I had had you as a teacher - in the nicest possible way that is :) You must be a lot of fun to work with Paperback Pirate.