Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 Firsts

I'm always up for trying new things and at the end of each year I like to make of list of my firsts. I like to make lists in case you hadn't noticed. But this is my first time making a list on my blog, since 2008 is the first year in which I became a blogger.


We played Guitar Hero for the first time in 2008! I've always wanted to have a band named Yardsale Lingerie, but lacking musical talent and vocal abilities I was thwarted until this game!


We went to our first gay wedding in California, and just in time.


The next day we went to Disney's California Adventure for the first time. I highly recommend The Tower of Terror!


We went to our first protest! After the election and the subsequent ban on gay marriage, Corey and I went downtown with our gay friends to shout: What do we want? Equal rights! When do we want them? NOW!


For the first time I used my scrapbooking powers for good. The day before the protest who should stop by our house but the Mormons? You know, the ones who pumped millions of dollars into the campaign against gay marriage? They left a little card behind and immediately Corey and I began thinking about how we could use it against them. I think we make a good creative team, no? Corey wore that on his hat, and I carried a sign that said SEPARATE CHURCH AND STATE.


I went to my first Jason Mraz concert. I went with my friend Stephanie, who kindly prepared an Essential Mraz compilation for me ahead of time. He totally rocked!


I tried absinthe for the first time. It didn't make me feel like I had tulips on my legs, as Oscar Wilde once described, but I did feel pretty happy. Could be because I was surrounded by friends and Corey. I did not care for the taste though.

Wishing you much happiness and many new experiences in 2009!

P.S. I found the absinthe picture on the internet.

No comments: